Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thrown Together Dinner

Yesterday, I fell asleep on the couch a couple of hours before the big football game. I ended up waking up about 20 minutes before the game, so I wasn't feeling like making anything too complex for dinner. We had just picked up some shiitake mushrooms and thinly sliced ribeye from the Asian market, so I decided that I would just make up a dish that is similiar to what my mom makes.
My recipe:
Serves 2-3
1/2 lb to 3/4 lb thinly sliced ribeye (you can find this in Asian markets or your butcher can usually do this for you)
1 lb fresh shiitake mushrooms
fresh red chili peppers, chopped up, not seeded, to taste (I only used 2 because they were pretty hot, but you can use more or none if wanted)
seasoning soy sauce (you can find this in Asian markets or make your own by adding half water and some sugar to taste. Trust your tastebuds!)
1) Heat oil in pan, add mushrooms. You might need more oil, add as needed. Cook until tender. They will shrink like crazy! Put aside on plate.
2) Add a little more oil to pan, cook meat until done. Do this in batches if needed. The meat should not take much time to cook if thinly sliced.
3) Add all the meat back to the pan, add chili peppers at this time. Then add the soy sauce. I used around 3-4tbs (this seasoning soy sauce is not as salty as regular soy sauce), but I can't give you an exact number (sorry, I know).
4) Add the mushrooms. Taste the sauce and adjust as your tastebuds see fit.
5) Serve over rice.

No comments: