Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Believe That I Was Italian In My Past Life

I could live on pasta 3x a day, everyday of the week. I keep a decent stash of pasta in my pantry (there is around 20 boxes or so right now), including some more obscure types. I always have canned Italian tomatoes on hand for a quick tomato sauce. I should have been Italian. Even when I was majoring in history and art history, I focused on Italian Renaissance with both majors.

I always wonder why people complain about not having time to eat fresh foods. This dish took a whole 15 minutes to prepare, cook and get to the table. It's just something that I threw together and you can adjust everything to your tastes.

PASTA (serves 2-3)

1/2 package (lb) of Angel Hair Pasta, cooked according to package directions
about a lb of small tomatoes, your choice (or cut up larger ones like Romas)
1-2 zucchinis (I only used one, but wished that I would have used another one), cut up
at least 3 cloves of garlic (or more if you want)
as much as you feel like of grated Parmesan or Percorino (I used Percorino. Under no circumstance are you allowed to use Kraft Parmesan in the green bottle! It's not the same!)
olive oil
salt & pepper, to taste

While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil (use your own judgement on how much--you are an adult, you can do it!) in pan (large enough to throw in your pasta later). Add garlic and saute, but be sure not to burn it (it will be bitter if you do). Throw in the zucchini (add more oil if needed), saute till tender and add tomatoes. Don't cook the tomatoes too long or they will get mushy. Salt and pepper the veggies to taste. Add pasta & cheese and toss.

Fast, delicious and easy. NOTE: You can change the veggies and pasta type to whatever you have on hand. Seriously, it's easy.

No comments: