Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Great Little Idea

Sorry about my lack of recipe posts this week, I haven't been in the creative cooking mode with my significant other (and his big stomach--have I told you that I am not a big fan of leftovers?)being out of town. This doesn't mean that I am not making anything, but I haven't made anything that I haven't posted about already. I have been catching up on some blogs (and getting lots of good ideas). I keep finding more and more food blogs! It's a love/hate relationship because even without a job, I can't find the time to read all of them on a regular basis!



One of the blogs that I read on a regular basis is cookbook author, David Lebovitz's blog. He is an American living in Paris (oh, how I can only dream of such a wonderful thing) and I have also "friended" him on facebook. Why you ask? His blog is filled with lots of wonderful recipes, but he posts articles and other great stuff on his fb page. I have learned a lot through his postings and found some new food blogs because of him. If I become a recluse (because I have to read all these things that he posts), you could probably blame Mr. Lebovitz! I will also be picking up The Perfect Scoop cookbook in the near future. It sounds divine!



In his most recent blog post for Tiramisu, he used glass candle holders from Ikea for individual servings. I love the idea of using inexpensive glasses for dessert! This would be a cute idea for pudding, mini-parfaits, etc., etc. Unfortunately for me (fortunately for Chris), Ikea is not located in Kansas (or Missouri for that matter), which means that I'll have to wait till my trip down to Dallas next month to pick some up!

No comments: