Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Strange Sounding But Delicious

I am sure that there are plenty of readers out there that think tofu is hippie food. Funny thing about tofu is that the Asians were eating this stuff long before it was the cool thing to eat with the hippies. It's really hilarious to me to hear my meat and potato eating friends (well, maybe really only one) bitching about tofu since tofu doesn't actually taste like anything and picks up the flavor of what you are cooking it with. Anyway, I was looking at a cookbook of mine (Megan--I am working on it!) and found an interesting sounding recipe for the green beans that I got on Saturday. It's from Mollie Katzen's Vegetable Heaven, which I bought when Nathaniel was a little preschooler on the recommendation of another mother. It looks like many of her recipes are on her website including the one that I just tried, so if you like peanuts and green beans, try it. It's delicious!

Green Beans And Tofu with Thai Peanut Sauce

P.S. The picture might not be the most appetizing looking thing, huh? I promise it's better than it looks!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

mmm...now this one really has me salivating! I LOVE peanut sauce!!!

Megan said...

I wish I liked green bean b/c this looks purty darn gol good!

Sarah said...

I love reading your blog and am a huge fan of Tofu. I guess you could call me a hippie vegetarian, but I love that tofu is such a chameleon with flavor!

Laura said...

Grace, this looks great! I do love peanut sauce and will definitely give this recipe a shot. Thanks for visiting my blog, super nice to meet you.