Saturday, September 13, 2008

Best Chocolate Sheet Cake Ever?

Last night, I made Pioneer Woman's Best Chocolate Sheet Cake recipe because my sweet kid asked me to. To tell the truth, he didn't ask. He begged. Was it the best chocolate sheet cake ever? I wouldn't know. I don't really love chocolate. I'll eat it, but it's not my favorite. I liked it, but I only had a couple of bites. To tell the truth, I don't even really like desserts that much (OK, don't shoot me. I like to get my extra calories from a second serving of dinner or some beers). Nathaniel did say that it was ONE of the best cakes that he had ever eaten, but not the best. Even though it wasn't the best, it didn't stop him from eating another piece with a huge glass of milk. I never did get Chris' verdict because I turned away for a second and he had already inhaled his cake.


The thing that I love about this cake is that it's super easy to make and you don't have to wait for it to cool down before frosting it. You don't have to sift the powdered sugar for the frosting if you use the pecans! A dessert recipe that is cuts out steps is always appreciated in this kitchen. Pioneer Woman rocks!

No comments: