Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Spain on the Road Again

I love to travel and I love to eat, so whenever a food travel show (that does not star Rachael Ray--my least favorite food TV personality) ends up on the air, I am usually pretty interested in checking it out. Especially when the show is going to feature a chef that is highly respected in the food industry like Mario Batali. After our trip to Seattle and the amazing sandwiches that we had at his father's deli, I have been more and more interested in Mario's cooking. I was never a big fan of his now defunct Food Network cooking show, but I have always respected his skills as a chef and understood that the fat man can cook.



While reading various food magazines and foodie blogs, I had read about Mario's new program, which would include Mark Bittman (another foodie favorite, cookbook author and food journalist) and Gwyneth Paltrow (I am a big fan of her Emma and Shakespeare in Love roles). It premiered last night in our neck of the woods and I made sure that my cable box was set to remind me about it (I am terrible at remembering when shows are on). Mario included in the group, Claudia Bassols (a Spanish actress), and she is the cutest thing!


The show airs on PBS, so be sure to check out your local PBS station's time slot since some stations had already aired the show this weekend. The food and scenery on the program looks amazing. I could be a bit biased because I have been wanting to go to Spain for years now and I am already a fan of Spanish cuisine. But I am sure that once my hubby-to-be sees the show, he'll tell you differently about why I love this show. You see, it might have something to do with Mercedes convertibles and the European roads....but then you'll have to ask Chris about that ;)

Spain on the Road

No comments: