Saturday, September 6, 2008

This Week's Farmer's Market Trip

I haven't felt the greatest the last couple of days, so today's farmer's market trip was a little painful and a lot shorter than normal. It was also sad because the vendors and produce seem to be getting smaller as the KS summer looks to have disappeared into thin air (during the day, it has gotten down in to the upper 50's since I have gotten back from super hot D.C.). I am hoping that the lower amount of vendors today is from the people taking some time off with last weekend being a holiday and that they will come back again next week.

Since I wasn't really in the mood for shopping (plus we got a bunch of stuff at the one on Thursday--zucchini, lots of tomatoes--cherry, green & regular ones, okra and some other stuff I can't remember right now), we really didn't get a lot of stuff today---our goodies include 2 lbs ground meat, 3.5 lb of chuck roast, spinach pie, a pint raspberries, a yellow watermelon, various types of baby tomatoes, roma tomatoes, green beans, basil, a cuke and some Zinnias. I also scored a free reuseable bag from the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (located in KC for those who didn't know and one very amazing art museum--trust me, I have been to a lot of them!) for signing up for their email newsletter. I was disappointed that I missed out on fresh eggs and bacon from Amy's Meats (she ran out just before we got there).

So that's it for the farmer's market today and now, I think I'll go curl in a ball and sleep for the rest of the day. Let's all hope for my quick and speedy recovery or else there won't be any food posts, but only ones about my suffering........

No comments: