Friday, October 24, 2008

What Kind of Pan Is This?

I got a major bug today to do some deep cleaning (it might be the medication that I am taking for the fluid in my ear which is supposed to cause extra energy!). After cleaning out the kiddo's closet and room, I decided to tackle my kitchen cabinets. Since we have lived in this house since May 2007, I have yet to organize my cabinets in a way that is most efficient for my cooking needs and instead just threw every thing into cabinets. The thing is that I gained a bigger house, but a much smaller kitchen (who does that?) and my cabinets are filled to capacity. Until I buy a new dining room set and hutch, I am stuck with putting all my dishware in my kitchen cabinets which takes up a lot of room.



I decided to go through my kitchen cabinets and catalog some of my things especially my bakeware, which I have a HUGE amount of. Tarlet pans (all sizes and shapes), different sized cake pans, mini molds, checkerboard cake pan, muffin pans of all sizes, Bundt cake pans, etc. etc. You name it, I might have it. Then I came across this pan tonight and it has me scratching my head in wonder. I can't remember what it's called so that I can find a specific recipe for this pan (which would have some interesting baking times with the weird shape). I do know that I bought it from Williams-Sonoma (sticker is still on the bottom) back in the 90's when I did buy random cooking stuff when seeing it on sale. I believe it's a holiday pan for some foreign bread, but I am drawing a blank on what it's called. Any ideas???? P.S. Please excuse the dust on the pan. This pan hasn't seen the light in ages and still hasn't seen the inside of an oven!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

i dunno...would've thought it was a bowl!

jj

i googled it for you and didn't find anything...you have me baffled. i want to know when you figure it out!