Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cream of Broccoli Soup

There are two vegetables that Chris dislikes; broccoli and cauliflower. But when we were in Indianapolis and I ordered cream of broccoli soup, he couldn't keep his spoon away from my bowl. With the fall starting, I decided that it was time to make some soups and I already had a huge carton of heavy cream in the fridge right now. I looked through some cookbooks, but ended up finding one online that sounded easy and delicious.

If you haven't heard of Allrecipes.com yet, it's really nice because they will adjust the recipes to the serving size that you want. I adjusted the recipe to 4 servings, which worked out well because I had just enough potatoes and broccoli for that and then I invited over Melanie and baby Luke to have lunch too. I ended up having enough soup for us and Chris (with no leftovers). I did "sweat" the veggies like the recipe called for, but I am not sure if it's really necessary or not. I might try it without doing it next time and see how it goes. It's not like it was difficult or anything, but some of you might not have parchment paper in your pantry. We all had a bowl (plus some) of the soup. I just used the florets of the broccoli and I kept the stems for another use (blog to follow later). We had grilled BLTs to go along with the soup and it was a nice delicious, simple lunch. This soup will be great for those long, cold winter KS days coming up!

Cream of Broccoli Soup

No comments: