Monday, October 6, 2008

A Great Buy

On Friday, I went to Borders planning to pick up Giada's new cookbook that was just released on Tuesday. As I looked through the pages of the cookbook, I was terribly disappointed with her cookbook. The recipes looked good, but they weren't really things that I would make on a regular basis here in KS (plus I read that many of the recipes can be found on Food Network's website). Deciding not to purchase Giada's cookbook, I found a couple of great buys on the clearance rack instead. I picked up hardback copies of Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything" and "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian" for $5.99 each (retails at $35)! If you haven't heard of these cookbooks, Bittman writes a NY Times food column and won some important cookbook awards for "How to Cook Everything". It's been called "the hip version of The Joy of Cooking" and I have actually given the cookbook away as wedding presents to brides who can't cook at all (unfortunately, I don't believe that either one of them ever figured out how to). The recipes look great and I am thinking that I'll have to pull this out many times in the near future. We are not thinking about becoming vegetarians, but I would like to try out more recipes with just veggies. It looks like I have just added 2 more cookbooks to my collection, so I better start getting my butt in gear!

P.S. If you live in Lawrence, you might still be able to pick up these cookbooks at Borders.

No comments: