Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Am Back!

I got home from my trip last night with lots of Mexican food goodies (chilies, corn masa, tortilla press, hot sauces, etc) that are needing a new home in my pantry. I had a busy day with a meeting at the kiddo's school, a doctor's appointment (I have fluid in my ear--not as bad as an ear infection, but not fun), grocery shopping (no food in the fridge!) and laundry. I had a great time in TX learning how to make tamales (it's a long process but so worth it) and am looking forward to making them in the near future. I am stocked up with the ingredients, so I'll be able to make them whenever I decide to pick up some pork.

Since there was no food to eat, we made it out to the Farmer's Market today where I picked up some bok choy, jalapenos, white bell peppers, tomatoes and cherry tomatoes. I'm looking forward to Saturday where I can get lots more food (including bacon again). And I am starting to get sad about nearing the end of the Farmer's Market for this year.

The weather has gotten cold here (40's) and I am not looking forward to the cold winter. I'll be making more soups with the falling temperatures including a butternut squash soup that will be made in the very near future (per Chris' request).

I promise that I'll be back to posting recipes tomorrow!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

mmm..butternut squash soup...

Glad you are back!