Friday, October 3, 2008

Granny's Effortless Lemon Pie

April sent me this recipe to try and I told her that I would be the guinea pig. Chris and I were both big fans of this pie. It's SUPER easy! On the recipe, it doesn't tell you what size of pie crust to get. I used a 9-inch one and it was too big. I'll post pics when I make this again (I got a huge bag of lemons from Costco, so I still have a lot of them) and before Chris wolfs down the entire pie.....

Ingredients:
14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 egg yolks
3/4 cup lemon juice
1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
Whipped cream (for decorating the top)

Directions: Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, egg yolks and lemon juice. Pour the mixture into the crust, then bake for 7 minutes, or until the center is set. Remove from the oven and let cool 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, decorate the top with whipped cream.

Recipe from “You Want me to Bring ’A Dish?”’ Lulu.com.

2 comments:

Adrea said...

Oh this one sounds easy enough for even me! :)

H3 said...

I was pleased that I got to try the pie that I had suggested for Grace. It was wonderful and I am glad that you posted it on your blog. I will definitely make this one myself. I think that I would like to even try it with different citrus or some zest in it. Thanks Grace.