Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cooking Class

I decided against taking the Krauses' cooking class because of the cost. I figured that I could try to take on of their classes at later date. Instead of spending $150, I went and enrolled in a couple classes at the local co-op grocery store that cost me $18 each instead. I took the first one tonight, Delicious Italian First Courses, which was taught by a local TV food celebrity, Jayni Carey. She has her own TV show on the local channel and she was just as nice in person as she is on her show. While the classes at the Merc aren't hands-on like at the Bayleaf, but it's nice because you do get to sample everything that the instructor makes. Jayni had some great recipes and I'll be making some of them in the near future, so I'll be sure to post them in future blogs. I am taking another one on Tuesday, Authentic Mexican Flavors with Corn Masa, which I am really excited about. While the classes aren't as in-depth and informative as the Krause one would have been, the price of the Merc classes can't be beat!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Are you taking the class with Corn Masa??? lol

Grace said...

What you don't know him??? lol. smartass. ;)