Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Allergic Reaction!

I cut up my pumpkins that I got today and got them de-pulped and de-seeded to roast in the oven. After doing this, I noticed that my left hand was starting to feel really weird and tight. I washed my hands thinking that their was just dried up pumpkin juice on my fingers and that was what was causing the sensation. After scrubbing my hands, I noticed that my fingers were dried up. Basically, they looked like I had rubbed Elmer's glue on them and let the glue dry! Since it was after the doctor's Saturday hours, I called up Chris' dad and asked him. He thought it sounded weird (since it only happened on one hand) and told me to put some cortisone cream on it to see if that would help.

I did try googling this and seeing it I couldn't figure out what was going on. I came across how some people are allergic to raw butternut squash and how this happened to them when cutting the squash (great since that's my next soup that I am making). I guess it's a good thing that I am not into cutting pumpkins for Halloween or I would be screwed!

2 comments:

H3 said...

Same thing happens to me. I have to use gloves when carving every year. Strange, huh?

Danielle said...

well..at least you have a freaky looking hand for halloween! ;)