Monday, October 27, 2008

Book Recommendation


I finally got a chance to read Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and loved it. It's her family's journey on the quest to grow everything, raise poultry or eat locally for an entire year. Even if it won't inspire you to grow all your own veggies and raise some chickens in your backyard, it should inspire you to think about where your food is coming from and what you are really eating. Heck, it might even change your way of eating for the better! Let me know if you have read this or do read it. I would love to hear what you thought of it!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I bought this book at Powell's when I was in Portland and let a friend borrow it before I started it. She really enjoyed the recipes. I am only up to asparagus so I better get a move on!