Saturday, October 25, 2008

Farmer's Market


My wallet is $150 lighter after today's trip to the Farmer's Market. But considering I spent $97 for meat/pork, $9 for 9 lbs apples, $8 for honey and $8 for 10 gladiolas, I think that I made out like a bandit. I am sure that my large bill is also due to the fact that there is only two weekends left before the Farmer's Market closes till April.


This week's purchases include 9 lbs of apples (Honey Crisp, Yellow Delicious and Jonathan Golds), 2 lbs of baby yukon potatoes, lb green beans, 3 bunches of radishes, edamade, salad mix, 2 lbs baby Romas, flat leaf parsley, cilantro, 3 lbs bacon, 3.5 lb pork shoulder, 2 lbs pork chops, 3 lbs skirt steak, lb sirloin, green onions, tsotsi (Chinese spinach), a dakion radish, 2 heirloom tomatoes, 2 pumpkins (did you see Pioneer Woman's recipe for pumpkin puree?) and some polbano chilies.


I'll be cooking a lot, so look forward to some new recipes!

P.S. I picked up my weekly tamale at the Farmer's Market this morning and I was terribly disappointed. My homemade tamales in Dallas have ruined me forever!

No comments: