Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What's for dinner

I wanted to make something with my ground pork that I purchased from Amy's Meats on Saturday and used cookthink.com to gain my inspiration for tonight's dinner. I found a great recipe for pork burgers with avocado dressing. I substituted bread from Wheatfield's instead of buns and added some tomatoes to the avocado. Chris asked Nathaniel what his favorite meal that I make is and he said these burgers (he omitted the avocados and added cheese to his). Quite delicious. http://www.cookthink.com/recipe/4086/Pork_Burgers_With_Avocado_Dressing
I also bought kale yesterday at the Farmer's Market and used an Alice Waters' recipe from the cookbook that I just picked up in Portland. Recipe from Chez Panisse Vegetables. (I split the recipe in half)

2 bunches kale (about 2 pounds)
2 tbs olive oil
salt
2 cloves garlic
1 to 2 tbs red wine vinegar

Strip the leaves off their stems and cut away the tough midribs of any large leaves. Chop coarsely and wash in plenty of water. Drain well, but do not spin dry.
Heat a large pan and add olive oil and enough kale to cover the bottom of the pan. Allow these greens to wilt before adding more. When all kale has been added, season with salt, stir in garlic and cover the pan. The greens will take anywhere from just a few minutes to 15 mins. to cook, depending on their maturity. When they are tender, remove the lid and allow any excess water to cook away. Turn off heat and stir in vinegar.






No comments: