Saturday, August 16, 2008

This Week's Farmer's Market trip

I am not posting a picture this week since my trip didn't consist of too much because Chris will be out of town for work most of the week (and since I still had tomatoes, eggplant & green chiles at home). I brought along a friend, Megan, with me this week (Chris was golfing in a tourney). She said that she is planning to be more adventurous with her farmer's market shopping in the future, so I'll have to bring her along more often. We also ran into our friend, Ryan's parents, so it was nice to chat with them for a little bit. I am still hoping to make it up to Kansas City's City Market one of these weekends since they have 140 vendor stalls, which means more things to experiment with! http://www.thecitymarket.org/

I picked up some baby Yukon potatoes, pears, eggs, basil, little onions and lots of meat from Amy's (4lbs short ribs, 2 lbs ground meat and lb ground pork. NO, I will not eat all this meat by myself in a week--haha). The short ribs are for Korean BBQ ribs that the boys love. Short ribs befuddle me because they are cut in so many different ways. I have seen them without bones (Costco), large pieces (Amy's) or small pieces (Korean market in KC). I am still wondering why that is and hopefully, the ones that I bought will still work for my recipe.

On another note, it looks like I am not only good at feeding the humans around here but the hummingbirds. They are making me refill the feeder every three days as of late (they didn't eat any of it for months). At this rate, I'll have to start buying the big bags of sugar!

P.S. I also added labels for my recipe posts (it's on the right side column after the book I am reading section). That way if you read a post earlier and wanted to find the recipe, you don't have to go through the whole blog again. Hope this helps!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hurray for the Farmer's Market!
lastomach