Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Breakfast, Dessert or Maybe Both

For breakfast today, I decided to try out a new recipe that I found in April 2008's issue of Gourmet magazine because it contained Nutella (which Nathaniel and I both love). When Chris and I were in Paris, we stayed in a hotel that had a great complimentary breakfast buffet. Since food (even just a simple sandwich) is sooooo expensive in the city, I would fill up on lots of Nutella and French bread. Every time I eat Nutella, I get a smile on my face and remember the good times in Paris. After I got back from that trip, I found that Costco has double packs of Nutella (it's not quite the same since it's made in the USA, but still delicious). It comes in handy because Nathaniel has grown to love the stuff as much as I do.


This recipe is super easy. It's like a crepe, but thicker and more dense. We barely made a dent in it (like a little more than a 1/4 is all we ate), but maybe it's because I am still half asleep. You could also top this with regular chocolate syrup or maple syrup. I wish that I had some berries like the recipe suggested and I forgot to add the powdered sugar (which would have just been for a pretty picture, not because it needed more sweetness). The above picture is Nathaniel's serving with extra Nutella sauce on it, but it really didn't need that much. It was wonderful for breakfast, but could be a nice dessert too. Delicious!


http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/OVEN-CRESPELLA-WITH-NUTELLA-SAUCE-241993

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Feel free to drive the other 3/4's down to me!!! mmmm...looks tasty. Zero calories, right?

Grace said...

Nathaniel just ate some for an after school snack. Still yummy after being reheated. I think it's negative calories to tell the truth. ;)