Friday, August 15, 2008

Run, don't walk to make this

I have just outdone myself again (Paul and Megan, you should be kicking yourself for not staying for dinner after your visit!) and made another delicious meal. A meal so good that Nathaniel said "One of the best, but then again everything that you make is one of the best." Charming, huh?

Since Chris and I had quite the workout today--we dropped my car off at the dealership to get an oil change and biked back home, then biked back to the dealership--almost 6 miles total (we are living with one car since with his new position meant that he had to give up his work car and I am not working at this moment, so we are going to try to do with just one vehicle at this moment until we really have to have another one), I figured that we could eat some red meat tonight. After my first bike ride, I came home and read more of Pioneer Woman's blog. I came across an incredible recipe (warning--it's not lowfat, but it's soooo worth it. Plus we exercised a lot, so we deserved it). It's a steak sandwich with onions and it's fabulous. It's super easy to make and there isn't a lot of ingredients either.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/marlboro_mans_f/

With this steak sandwich, I decided to make some potatoes since both the men in my life love potatoes and I am a little tired of mashing them (I first saw these on my friend, Shannon's blog and have been wanting to make them). Do yourself a favor and make these potatoes. I promise if you like potatoes, you will love these.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/

P.S. Made my day when Megan told me the story that her husband said that he not only liked his mom's lasagna, but mine too (he is pretty picky about his lasagna). I am glad that other people (besides Chris) appreciate my food! :)

***Note--For you people that are wondering why my bread isn't the same color, it's because I used the butter in the pan method for toasting it. I guess I didn't use quite enough butter! Oh, well, it was still a wonderful sandwich!

No comments: