Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I love this woman!


I tried another one of Pioneer Woman's recipes tonight. This time it was spicy shredded pork. She hasn't wronged me yet (and by the look of her other recipes, I don't think that she will)! Nathaniel and I had these with some flour tortillas. I added some sour cream and jalapenos to mine. I would have loved some salsa, but I didn't have all the ingredients to make some. Nathaniel loved this so much that he said that he was going to make a sandwich with it for his school lunch.
I made the recipe with a 4 lb piece (it looks like I'll be eating it for a few days), which made a lot of food. The picture above isn't even half of it! I used her advice on the dried herbs and spices. I would probably go a little more spicy when I make it again (Nathaniel is starting to like spicy stuff), but the flavors were really tasty. I just wished that I would have remembered that I had some beer in the second fridge because that's really all that was missing.

No comments: