Monday, August 18, 2008

My son, future chef

Nathaniel had gotten a gift certificate to Amazon for Christmas that he had been saving to use till now. His birthday is New Year's Eve, he does this often when he gets gift cards since he gets so many things at once. He had been debating on what to get for months, Wii games, books, etc. etc. But he finally heard that Heros Season 2 was coming out on DVD and since he still had half of the certificate to use, I asked him if he wanted to maybe spend it on a cookbook. He has been helping me in the kitchen a lot more lately. Excited about this idea, he let me help pick the cookbook. We decided on something completely different than my usual cookbooks: one about artisan breads. http://www.amazon.com/Artisan-Bread-Five-Minutes-Revolutionizes/dp/0312362919/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219093712&sr=8-1 I had read about it on another food blog and it sounded like a decent one to add to the collection. We picked the free supersaver shipping, so it won't get here for a couple of weeks. But we look forward to using it when it gets here!

P.S. I was planning on making a spicy, pulled pork for dinner, but I misread the recipe and thought it only took a few hours to cook. Turns out that it takes 6 hrs and I didn't realize this till 3 PM, so Nathaniel and I will have to figure out what's for dinner now!

No comments: