Thursday, August 14, 2008

Too Early in the Morning

It's way too early for my brain to function right now, but I am up because I promised to make Nathaniel breakfast on his first day of 8th grade! I had offered to make waffles, pancakes, etc, etc, but he picked his all-time favorite thing.

Cinnamon Bundles from Neiman-Marcus' Pigtails and Froglegs

1 pkg (8 count) refrigerated crescent rolls
8 large marshmallows
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted (I always use butter because I think it tastes better. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup, but I usually only use 1/4 or less. Adjust accordingly.)

Roll out and separate dough triangles on a cookie sheet. Brush triangles with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over dough, reserving the rest (I usually have extra cinnamon sugar that I just keep for next time). Dip marshmallows in butter and roll in sugar mixture to coat. Place 1 marshmallow in the center of each triangle and pull up sides of dough to cover marshmallow. Press dough together to seal. Place cupcake papers in muffin tin and put each bundle in a paper. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments: