Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mushrooms, mushrooms, mushrooms

I do some of my food shopping at Costco, which is hard sometimes when I buy things that Nathaniel doesn't like. That means the 40 oz box of mushrooms has to be consumed by two people. So this is what was for lunch today. Spaghetti with Mushrooms, Garlic & Oil.

Adapted recipe from Quick From Scratch Pasta by Food & Wine Books

serves 4 (You can adjust the oil and other stuff to taste. The amount of oil was a bit too much for me, so I only used like half. It depends on the mushrooms too)

1/2 cup olive oil

3 cloves garlic, minced

dried red pepper flakes, to taste

2/3 mushrooms, sliced (I used button, but wild ones would be great too)

salt, to taste

1 lb spaghetti or spaghettini

3 tbs parsley (I didn't have any at the time, so I didn't add any)

1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper (I hope that most people grind their own!)

1) Start by boiling water for your spaghetti & cook according to package instructions.

2)In a medium frying pan, heat oil over moderately low heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, stirring until garlic softens, about a minute. Add mushrooms and salt and cook until the mushrooms exude liquid, the liquid evaporates and the mushrooms begin to brown, about 5 minutes.

It's that easy! Enjoy!

No comments: