Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Blog update

When I started this blog, I vowed to use all my cookbooks in a year. I just counted how many I have used since my first posting. I believe it's nine (give or take 1 or 2 since I have used recipes twice out of a couple of them) out of 146 (I have seemed to gain a couple of cookbooks since the first post), so it looks like I need to step it up! It's so hard to use them when I keep reading all these tasty looking blogs! But I'll do better to sticking to the original plan.



Nathaniel received his Amazon package in the mail yesterday, so we were able to scour through his new cookbook for some yummy looking bread recipes. If all goes well with our cooking relationship, I think that I will add some more cookbooks to his collection, so that he can take them away to college in 5 years (gasp!). We'll start trying out some of the bread recipes next week after I get back.



I am very disappointed that I wasn't able to make Hot Browns this week because I didn't think about the fact that I am leaving on Thursday night for 5 days. Oh, well. Hopefully next week, I'll be able to make this delightful dish. However, I am keeping my promise to make "I want you inside me chili" and it's marinating in the spice rub as I type this post. I am going to make some cheesy muffins to go with the dish (surprise, surprise, recipe from Pioneer Woman). I'll post about these recipes after the meal.



Chris and I will be heading east this weekend for a fun filled 5-days in Charlottesville/D.C. I am sure that there will be plenty of food to blog about. We already have our food destinations in line for D.C. and I am sure that Chris' dad's cousin, Don, and his lovely wife, Mary Helen, will take care our of dining needs as well as the last time that we visited Charlottesville. We'll be attending the USC/VA season opener, something that I just could not pass up since we had a place to stay and because we love Charlottesville! If you didn't know already, I am a die-hard USC football fan (my uncle lived with us in the 70's during the time that he attended USC and brain-washed me at an early age) and I had to twist Chris' arm to give up going to KU's home opener vs. Florida International, but we are going on Saturday!

I will try to post pictures along the way, but I don't know what our internet access will be like. So if there isn't any posts all weekend, don't cry, I promise to be back on Wednesday!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Funny that you mentioned this b/c I was just thinking that all your delicious recipes have been coming from the web and that you would really have to get moving to squeeze all those cookbooks in! Have a great trip-see you when you get back
-Megan

Grace said...

Haha! I'll be sure to start using the cookbooks more often. I know that I have been slacking in that dept. I promise to get a bunch in next week!!! See you next week at softball, Megan!