Monday, August 18, 2008

Strange recipe that I found

Yesterday, I spent most of the day being lazy and ended up getting caught up on some food blog reading. I came across this recipe for black bean brownies on one of the blogs that usually has some tasty looking recipes. I have to say that the thought really made me feel like I needed to throw up. You see I really, really, really dislike beans. It's funny because I can eat just about anything (and am willing to try almost anything at least once), but beans are not something that I like eating at all. This is the reason that I could never become a vegan. I have tried them over and over again without success in liking them. There was one time in Chicago at Rick Bayless' Frontera Grill where I did eat an entire serving of black beans (much to Chris' dismay because he thought that he would get to eat them) that I liked. I think it was probably because of the spices and Mexican cheese that he adds to them, but it's the only time that I have eaten them with pleasure. It's really too bad that I don't like them since they are a great, cheap source of protein, but I just don't like them. If anyone is brave enough to try this recipe, please let me know how it is. I just thought it sounded really replusive.


http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/amazing-black-bean-brownies-recipe.html

No comments: