Saturday, April 11, 2009

Opening of Farmer's Market 2009

First of all, this is my 200th post. Wow. That's a lot.

The farmer's market had a soft opening today (grand opening is the first Saturday of May). Even with the weather being in the 40's, it was a great day to get out to see some of the farmers back in the swing of things. I was thrilled since it meant that I will not be spending all my time in the grocery store anymore. To me, the farmer's market means six months of great local vegetables and that spring is really here (finally). While the selection was pretty limited still, I was able to pick up some great stuff.

Here is the list of what I picked up today: salad mix, rosemary, arugula, green onions, spinach, curly parsley and honey.

Everything looks great. I am also hoping that I'll be able to go asparagus picking at one of the local farms next week. Their estimated date of picking is April 15, so I am hoping that they are right on the date. I have plenty of asparagus recipes ready to go!

I am heading out to Kansas City today to hit the Asian markets, so that I can finally make some of the incredibly yummy recipes that Chef Nancy made in her last cooking class that I took. Also, I know that I am behind on my New Orleans posts---I'll work on them soon!

No comments: