Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Orleans Part 3--Sucre

Before I left for New Orleans, I checked out the Serious Eats website for any tips for places to eat or visit. I came across Sucre while reading up on the city. It's an amazing sweets shop on Magazine Street (a very hip area of town with great little shops & places to eat).


The gelato counter. They had my favorite flavor, blood orange, which I had to have. Perfection.



April's dessert. Some sort of chocolate dessert with their famous macaroon on top. I ended up buying a box of 15 various flavors of macaroons (at $22, it was not cheap) to take home to my son. I was a little disappointed in how they didn't hold up well in transit and I am shocked that they actually ship them out. Some flavors were better than others, but not sure that I would buy them again.


My dessert was fraise mousse with white cake on the bottom. $6 a dessert. Not bad for the presentation.

There was also handmade chocolates and a small lunch menu (I believe sandwiches and salads). What a great find!

No comments: