Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Orleans April 2009 Part 2

I haven't been good at updating the foodie travel part of my blog. I am WAY behind on my New Orleans trip. I have downloaded the pictures, but just need to finish writing the posts. Expect them to be coming soon!

Cafe du Monde beignets. The famous beignets that everyone talks about. I can't say that I was that impressed with them. Give me a Top Pot or Voodoo Doughnut instead, but I did eat them and they weren't bad. I just didn't eat them multiple times like I thought I would.


Our friend, Jeff and Chris with Pat O'Brien's hurricanes--what you are required to drink when in New Orleans. It's some rum with artificial coloring/flavoring drink. It will turn your tongue red!
The second day that we were in New Orleans, we took part in the Roadfood Festival on Royal Street by the French Quarter. There was plenty of different restaurants that had booths. Too many things to choose from. We actually didn't eat as much as I thought we would, but here are the pictures from what we did eat.

First and most delicious thing that we ate during the festival. Shrimp Remoulade Po-boy. Remoulade is a mayo based condiment. This one had a little kick, but look just like plain mayo. I was never able to figure out what the spice was, but we loved it.

Alligator Etouffee over grits. Grits are one of my favorite things, so I couldn't pass them up. But the flavor was a little bland to me (needed some hot sauce which I forgot to put some on). It was also the last of the pot, so might be the reason that there was barely any alligator meat in it and it was cold. Chris also got the fried artichoke hearts, which were delicious. A picture wasn't taken in time before he had devoured them.

New Orleans part 3 coming soon!

No comments: