Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sweet Potato Fries

I found this recipe for sweet potato fries last week when I was looking for something to make with my Farmer's Market sweet potatoes. Chris loves blue cheese (which I do not love), so I decided to be nice and still make the blue cheese dressing that was also posted. The fries were delicious (sorry no photos) and Chris loved the blue cheese dressing. He loved it so much that he asked if that was really all that was left of it after finishing off the fries. I did have a couple of the fries burn on me and I think that I might try to make these at 400 degrees instead of the 425 because it was too hot for my fries. And next time, I will probably make a homemade ranch dressing along with the blue cheese when I make these again. It's a good change of pace from regular french fries and with it's high nutritional value, how can you go wrong?

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I do not share Chris's love of the blue cheese, either. In fact, I think if it's cheese and it's BLUE...it's NOT for me.

But yummy on the sweet potato fries! My tummy's rumbling!

Adrea said...

Oh I love, love, love sweet potatoes and sweet potato fries are so yummy! I don't even need to dip them in anything but ketchup is also good, and I'm not a big ketchup person. Also, try dipping in maple syrup. Very yummy!