Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pumpkin Pie

I finally used my pumpkin puree (you remember the one that made my hand break out in a weird allergic reaction) to make some pumpkin pie. I found the recipe in the local newspaper that comes from the pumpkin patch people. Since the pumpkin puree had no spices in it (like in canned pumpkin), I would add more pumpkin pie spice next time.

Pumpkin Pie

2 eggs
2 cups pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 small can Carnation Milk
1 9-inch unbaked pie shell (I ended up using two because the shells were very shallow)

Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. Pour into unbaked pie shell, bake at 375 for 15 minutes and reduce to 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until set.

No comments: