Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Korean Short Ribs





I just realized that the picture isn't that appetizing looking, but trust me, it's delicious. It's a great meal when you serve it with some rice and a veggie side (I made stir-fried bok choy). I get my short ribs from the Korean/Japanese market in Overland Park because I have never seen the same cut in the regular grocery store. I have seen short ribs, but not cut the same way. So you might have to get the meat from an Asian market unless you live out in CA or somewhere like that.

Korean Short Ribs from Neiman-Marcus' No Jacket Required

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup water

1/4 cup sliced green onions

2 tbs toasted sesame seeds

2 tbs sugar

2 cloves garlic, crushed

1/2 teas pepper

4 lbs short ribs, cut between the bones

----------------------------------------

Stir together soy sauce, water, onions, sesame seeds, sugar, garlic, and pepper. Pour over ribs and marinate, chill in fridge overnight. Grill or broil for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked to desired doneness.

No comments: