Monday, May 4, 2009

Mity Nice Grill--Chicago April 09

I spent a weekend by myself in Chicago staying with a good friend of mine that I hadn't seen since 2007, so we had a lot to catch up on when I finally saw Annie. We had wanted to check out the famous Hot Doug's for the famous foie gras hot dog and duck fat fries, but we had chatted so much as soon as we saw each other that we lost track of time and Hot Doug's is only opened till 4.

So we decided to hit up a place that we have frequented many times Mity Nice Grill which located in the food court (a very fancy one) on the basement floor of the Water Tower. It was a beautiful day, so we were able to walk from her apartment to downtown (about a 15-20 minute walk).


The Mity Nice Grill is part of the Lettuce Entertain You restaurant group. If you are a reader of Gourmet magazine, there is a nice article in the February 2009 issue about the owner of the group, Rich Melman. Great comfort food for when you are shopping.


Annie decided on mini cheeseburgers and a cranberry mojito. Yummy!

And I decided on the Thanksgiving feast, which made Annie laugh at my appetite (she remembers that I am an eater). I love Thanksgiving meals, so this was a great choice! No complaining about having turkey in gravy in April and not having to clean up the mess! For a drink, I had an orange creamsicle---it wasn't that great because the liquors started to separate and made it unappealing. But the yummy food more than made up for it. Another wonderful meal at the Mity Nice Grill even if our waiter was slower than a snail!

No comments: