Saturday, May 16, 2009

Farmer's Market

I am finally back from my Spain trip and I have been CRAVING vegetables since I got back. The Spanish food was amazing, but it's hard to find vegetables at restaurants especially green ones (potatoes are very common). So yesterday's visit to the Co-op grocery store consisted of buying only vegetables and milk. Today's trip to the farmer's market resulted in buying tomatoes, leeks, radishes, green onions, spinach, salad mix, basil, thyme, eggs, shittake mushrooms and a piece of aged goat cheese from Landeria Farmstead (read their story here). The goat cheese cost $8.50 for a 4.5 oz piece, but I figured it wasn't much more than some of the foreign cheeses that I buy. It's not like the goat cheese that you would typically think of, but more like a Gouda. He also had a swiss goat cheese, but I am not a huge fan of swiss cheese.

I'll post some Spain pics soon. I will also be cooking a lot since I haven't done any in almost 2 weeks, so hopefully I'll have some recipes to post. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: