Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Crust- Chicago

When I told Katie that I was coming up to Chicago and wanted to go out to eat with her, she came up with a couple of pizza restaurants that we not the standard deep dish affair (which I do love, but can't stomach all the time). We decided on Crust, an organic eatery on W Division Street, which serves wood-burning oven pizzas.

Kim's Italian sausage pizza-- Italian sausage, pesto, provolone & shaved fennel (Kim really wanted to be on my blog--haha!). She liked it, but couldn't figure out what the white stuff was on top of the pizza. I recently looked up the menu online and told her fennel, but she said it was very mild.


Annie's Margherita pizza--organic tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, ricotta, olive oil & fresh basil. We traded a couple of slices with each other and I am not a big fan of ricotta on pizza. A little bland for my tastes, but the ingredients were



Katie's Basilico pizza-- tomato sauce, béchamel, buffalo mozzarella, & fresh basil. Looked yummy.


My 'shroom pizza--woodland mushrooms, spinach, béchamel, wild herbs, goat cheese & parmigiano-reggiano. Oh my goodness. What a great pizza. Everything was delightful and the combination of flavors was incredible. I'll have to try to recreate this one at home because it was so tasty.
The sad thing is that there are so many places to eat in Chicago and we don't visit enough, that I'll probably never get a chance to eat here again. But I might have to next time just to eat that mushroom pizza again! DELICIOUS!

No comments: