Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break 2009--Threadgill's--Austin, TX

Threadgill's is one of those Austin restaurants that has been around FOREVER. Janis Joplin even was a waitress there back in the day. Our friend, Doug, who has lived in Austin hadn't been there yet, so we decided to skip the downtown area (South by Southwest music festival was going on). I had checked out the menu before and still didn't know what I wanted when I got there.


Chris had a Poboy sandwich. Not really sure why since we are going to New Orleans soon. It was decent, but nothing really outrageous.



Nathaniel's burger. He also ordered a side of mashed potatoes because he couldn't decide on fries or mashed potatoes. Good choice. The mashed potatoes and gravy--heavenly.



Doug's buffalo chicken sandwich. I took the pic from the side, so you can't see that this chicken is as big as half the plate! It's a chicken on steroids! They also gave him blue cheese crumbles (not my favorite) instead of just blue cheese dressing.


I picked their famous chicken fried steak. It was decent, but not so good that I would order it again. It's a different story when it comes to their sides. I had debated on if I should just get the three or five sides plate (I wish I would have). They have a list of 20ish sides and I would have had a hard time limiting myself to five. My sides of cheesy grits and fried okra were amazing.



It's worth checking out if you are in Austin and looking for a decent home cooking type of meal. Especially to eat some of those yummy sides!

No comments: