Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Break 2009--Cerroni's Purple Garlic

Cerroni's Purple Garlic is a great little hole-in-the-wall in strip mall that my in-laws frequent all the time. It's hard to get me eat at an Italian restaurant because I make a lot of Italian food at home. But this is one of my favorite restaurants in San Antonio. It's a small little operation where the owner makes all his own bread and pasta for the restaurant every morning. He serves his food on styrofoam plates with plastic forks, but his food could be served on fine china. It's a simple menu of pizza, pasta and sandwiches. This is the kind of place that I wish Lawrence had.


Fresh Tomato and Basil Bruschetta. The owner uses extremely fresh tomatoes and basil on homemade bread. My mouth is watering just thinking about this dish.


Marinated Eggplant in some sort of balsamic vinaigrette. Quite tasty.



My meatball sandwich on that wonderful homemade bread. It looks like a small sandwich in the pic, but.........

look at how huge the meatballs are! There were four of them in that sandwich!


Chris' special pasta. Some sort of gorgonzola, sausage, mushroom, etc, etc. pasta dish. Since I am not a huge fan of gorgonzola or sausage, I couldn't tell you how this tasted. But Chris loved it.
Nathaniel got a pizza to go (didn't get a pic of this). He wasn't feeling well and wanted his food to go. He ate it all before I could get a shot of it. The pizza got a big two thumbs up from the foodie kiddo. I was hoping to try a bite, but it never happened!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

ok...this post has my mouth watering!