Saturday, February 14, 2009

Shrimp and Grits...OMG....


I LOVE grits especially cheese grits. I had ordered shrimp and grits at a fancy restaurant in Key West that is one of the most memorable dishes that I have ever eaten. So when I found this recipe online, I was in heaven. Cheese grits topped with bacon and shrimp fried in bacon fat! How can you go wrong? I made this for our Valentine's night dinner (Chris had made multiple reservations at restaurants all over the place, but I told him that I had no desire to spend dinner with all the couples that are forced to be romantic one night a year). The dish was AMAZING! It's easily one of the top three best dishes that I have ever made and I still can't stop thinking about how great a dish it is. Absolutely fabulous!!!!

Shrimp and Grits

Note---DO NOT use instant grits--they won't work in this recipe! I used stone ground grits that I found at Whole Foods. Number 2 note- DO NOT use nuclear orange colored Kraft chedddar cheese for this. Buy a very nice sharp cheddar from the deli case and grate it yourself. It will make all the difference in your cheese grits!

No comments: