Saturday, August 29, 2009

Smoky Pork & Sweet Potato Tacos

I apologize that there isn't a picture of this dish. This is something that I found months ago, but I had forgotten it until yesterday when I was looking for a dish to make and bring over to our friends' house.

It's super easy because you chop some stuff up, put some things in the blender and throw everything in a Crock pot! I did use fire roasted tomatoes (I keep various organic Muir Glen brand cans in my pantry) which I think really added a great flavor to the sauce.

I also made the avocado crema that goes with the tacos. Super easy to make and very tasty. The only thing is that I would have halved the recipe because 7 people barely made a dent in the sauce, but it will be good for salad dressing this week.

The nice thing about this dish was that my teenage son even liked it (he doesn't usually like things with lots of sauce) and he even ate leftovers for lunch today!

http://www.feelgoodeats.com/2008/05/07/cousin-meags-killer-party-tacos.html

1 comment:

H3 said...

This sounds like my kind of meal. Thanks for the idea.