Thursday, July 31, 2008

German food
















Since Chris is out of town working with Germans, I haven't been trying out any new and crazy recipes (plus I am not really sure where the second camera is). To bring some color to my blog and in honor of Chris' co-workers for the week, I pulled out some pictures from dinner in Indianapolis at the oldest restaurant in town, The Rathskeller. Our delicious dinner consisted of an appetizer of Brat 'n' Kraut balls (no picture), the Mixed Wurst Platte (4 different kinds) and Schnitzel (which is not a wiener!). Included in your meal was soup or salad (the cream of broccoli soup was divine--so much that Mr. "I don't like broccoli" tried to steal many bites) and two sides. The creamed spinach was AMAZING! And good, old brussel sprouts made their way on my plate. I hadn't had them since childhood and the waitress hyped them up by telling me that they were cooked in browned butter. Nothing like the stinky brussel sprouts of childhood! Also, the six foreign beer sampler plus big beers didn't hurt our dining experience either!

No comments: